KAS Transport-Can Feel Like Christmas!

Steve Skinner
Steve Skinner

I met Steve Skinner, owner of KAS Transport, and his traveling companion Cola, at a local parking lot recently, as he made his New England circuit. Before meeting me, Steve had been by the Stellar USA distribution Center in Northfield, Massachusetts just a few hours north of me.  Steve picked up 7 or 8 Stellar skis/kayaks on there way South. He also had several other boats including a few Nelo K1’s, etc. Most of us have used Steve off and on for years.  It can be very exiting to get a call from Steve saying he will be meet you in a few hours so you can pick up your newly purchased ski or boat. Sometimes the anticipation of getting a new ski can feel like Christmas in March and Steve can seem like Santa Claus with a big smile and a warm hello!  With several kayak shops like Charles River, The Kayak Centre, along with several rowing shell manufacturers Pinert, Resolute, Composite Engineering(Ted Van Dusen Rowing Shells and Mohicans), and Stellar Distribution, Steve is often in the area which makes it great. Christmas comes more often!! So if you need your boat delivered give Steve a call.  I have used KAS often over the years with great success.  They are a very busy company safely delivering boats all over the country. http://shipyourkayak.com/

Cola is my Name

9 Comments

• Scott L says:

Steve is ‘da best when it comes to taking personal care and responsibility in the handling/shipping of your prized gel coated babies!! I have shipped 5 boats with him personally over the years and can vouch that my boats have never suffered a single scratch/nick. He rocks!

• Mark McKenzie says:

Kudos to KAS for everything they do for the paddling community in the USA. I’ve used them multiple times without fail.

• Mark says:

I’ll throw my two in there as well… Have used Steve quite a few times. Great guy, and never, ever had a problem with my boats’ transport. I always feel my heart skip a couple of beats when that fully loaded trailer of high performance candy turns into the gravel pulloff. (“I’ll take one of those, and those, and those…”) 😉

• Grapescott says:

I used kas to ship – all Steve asked was to meet off an interstate……I’m grateful for honest people in this world….Steve is a rightous dude- boats get to their intended destination as they should, and in a set forth timely fashion…kudos to KAS……….

Scott

• Mark Smith says:

Great job Steve. Keep up the good work!

• Ed says:

Any word on when Steve is coming down to the South East? We have some folks anxiously awaiting for their new Stellar Skis.

• wesley says:

I heard was at the Stellar Warehouse headed South.

• Kathy- KAS says:

Thanks for all your high praise. We love what we do & really appreciate the kind words.